Friday, September 25, 2009

Natural Bridges

 IMG_7989

I have all these great intentions of blogging each evening  but by the time we get settled into our room, I just don't have the energy to report on the day. Last night, this was compounded by the fact that our room was equipped with LOW SPEED Internet, which is worse than dial-up.

I will give a report on today and perhaps catch up later with the first two days. We awoke quite early this morning and were, in fact, the first people in the lobby for the continental breakfast. The lights were not even on yet. It was another foggy morning. We drove out to Natural Bridges just to kill time because it was waaaaaaaay too early for the chocolate shops to open.

IMG_8010

After Natural Bridges, we tried to visit a Marine Science Center nearby. It was also too early for that place.

IMG_8169

Headed up hill to the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum, leaving the fog behind and finding sunshine. We walked in the Arboretum for about 90 minutes, photographing unusual flowers and chasing butterflies and hummingbirds.

IMG_8157 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment