Friday, September 20, 2013

Day Four Wrap Up

Spent an hour or so exploring the State Capitol in Pierre this morning. Beautiful. Then we hit the road again. Only drove 115 miles today on the Native American Scenic Byway through two Sioux reservations from Pierre to Chamberlain. Saw two buffalo at fairly close range and many more way off in distance. 

Checked in at St. Joe's School and saw that great performance by Kevin Locke. He was amazing and full of entertainment and educational & cultural info. http://www.kevinlocke.com/kevin/recordings.html

The evening Tiyospaye Banquet was typical banquet fare. But we were entertajned by the Chalk Hills Drumming group from the school. They encouraged us to do the traditional Lakota Round Dance. Picture, if you will, 400 people holding hands and circle dancing around a huge banquet room. Yes, I did join in. 

All in all, it was a wonderful day. Tomorrow holds promise of many more new and exciting experiences. I will leave you tonight with a rather poor quality cell phi e photo of the full moon over the wide Missouri. Not the best quality but it's all I can post from the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive