Mom and I finally met up around 4:00 in our hotel lobby. She had arrived several hours earlier. After taking my stuff to the room, we set out on foot for our first adventure. We walked down to Main Street where we had dinner and brew at Firehouse Brewing. As I planned, I had a Centennial Cream Stout which is made using milk. It wasn't nearly as creamy as I expected with next to no head nor lacing. In fact, Mom's Drunken Dunkel, a wheat beer, was creamier. We had mushroom cap appetizers and shared a Mushroom Swiss Buffalo Burger. It was a bit dry. Been there. Done that.
Mom liked her beer a lot. Can you tell?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(116)
-
▼
September
(116)
- Denver Layover
- Mom's Jet Backing Out
- Last South Dakota Hotel Breakfast
- Day Eight Recap
- Art Alley
- Murphy's Bar & Grill
- Buffalo Meatloaf
- Murphy's Pub
- Buffalo Art
- Berlin Wall
- Dreamcatcher
- Wild Burros
- Buffalo Blockade
- Runs From Buffalo
- More Big Heads
- Elvis' Banana French Toast
- Arnold's Diner
- Day Seven Wrap Up
- HoJo Picnic
- Badlands Picnic
- Massacre
- Pine Ridge Reservation
- Prairie Dog Town
- Wounded Knee Museum
- Massacre
- Mom on a Jackalope
- Back with the Big Heads
- Yay! Squirrels!
- Free ice water
- Wall Drug
- One Last Visit
- Day Six Wrap Up
- Chamberlain Neon
- Back in Mitchell
- The Mighty Mo
- Now I'm in Nebraska
- Spirit Mound
- Canotina Paha
- Yes It's Still Windy
- Back at The Falls
- Day Six Wrap Up
- Lighted Sioux Falls
- Sioux Falls
- Now I'm in Iowa
- I'm in Minnesota
- Corn Palace
- Made it to Mitchell
- Wisconsin Cheese Curds
- Our Lady of the Sioux
- Bel Aire Motel
- Day Five Wrap Up
- A Bridge to Nowhere
- Buffalo Stew
- The Potato Dance
- South Dakota Squirrel
- As Close as I Will Get to a Buffalo
- Al's Oasis
- Pow Wow
- Chamberlain & the Missouri
- Oacoma
- Ya Gotta Wonder...
- Day Four Wrap Up
- Tiyospaye Banquet
- Day Three Wrap Up
- Good Morning from Pierre
- Amazing hoop dancing.
- Drive By Fluting
- Akta Lakota Cultural Museum
- St. Joseph Indian School
- Chamberlain
- Big Bend Dam
- Native American Scenic Byway
- First Bust
- State Capitol in Pierre.
- Just wondering.... Do you think it will be windy t...
- Happy Friday from Pierre. Internet service is down...
- Wild Bill & Calamity Jane
- Out of the Black Hills and into the Badlands.
- Black Hills
- The Badlands
- The wind in the Badlands
- Mt.Moriah Cemetery
- To those who ask....
- Mt.Moriah Cemetery
- Me and Ole
- Stavkirke
- Do you think I'll see Seth Bullock???
- Oh, give me a home...
- Day Two Wrap Up
- I can tell I'm not in California. They started the...
- Our Evening Entertainment
- Yum! Good vittles!
- Back at Fort Hays Old West Town
- Threading a Needle
- Me 'n Crazy Horse
- Needles Highway
- Waiting patiently for our turn
- Are we going through that Tunnel?
- Going Postal in Custer SP
- Buffalo or Bison???
- Been off the grid for several hours. At 6600 feet ...
- Me and The Big Guys
- Six Big Heads
- Where is Kevin Costner?
- Ft. Hayes
- Cowboy Breakfast
- Wrap Up - Part Two
- Rapid City - Day One Wrap Up
- Cobblers
- The Adventure Begins
- Rapid City Cobblers
- Buffalo Burger
- Firehouse Brewing Co.
- Windy City
- Yikes!
- North by Northwest 2013
-
▼
September
(116)

She is beaming, but i'm sure that's more about being with her firstborn daughter and friend! and again I'll comment on her fashion. Love that sweater (may have to borrow!)
ReplyDelete